How about a big dose of POSITIVITY? Some days it feels almost impossible to shake ourselves out of a bad day, probably more now than ever before. But, we can stay on the happiness track with some scientifically-backed ways to boost our happiness levels:
1. SMILE: A 2011 study showed that just thinking about something positive that makes you smile can actually make you happier!!
2. WORKOUT: Physical activity boosts the brain’s release of endorphins, feel good neurotransmitters than can improve your mood and well-being! RIDE ON!
3. FIND JOY IN THE LITTLE THINGS: Life consists of an accumulation of small moments. Of course there are momentous events that occur in our live’s, but everyday life is populated with small, seemingly inconsequential moments and it’s in the little things that you can find your joy and boost your feelings of happiness. When you allow yourself to be joyful, it’s easier to find joy – it might sound too good to be true, but it works. Savor the aroma and taste of a favorite food, enjoy the presence of your family, take a walk and breathe in the smells of nature, listen to your favorite music uninterrupted…these are little things that are often taken for granted, yet they are so great.
4. CHOOSE TO BE POSITIVE: A positive attitude is is scientifically proven to increase happiness. It takes practice and a willingness to confront your fears and reject their power to control you. If you’ve always seen life as a glass half-empty proposition, turn that assumption around and strive to see situations as a glass half-full. Research has found that positive emotions can even counteract the effects of adversity.
5. PERFORM AN ACT OF KINDNESS: Do something nice for someone else. Performing small acts of kindness and gratitude can make you happier.
Stay healthy, positive and HAPPY!!